11 Apr Healthy Ice Cream Sandwiches with Brio
Posted at 19:41h in Recipes
With Vanilla Caramel Brio, the possibilities are endless. Find a Brio at a Costco near you: Store Locator.
Healthy Ice Cream Sandwiches with Brio
Yield: 2 Sandwiches
For the Brownie:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate coating:
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pulse walnuts into a fine powder in your food processor.
- Add in the dates and cacao powder, processing until the mixture sticks together.
- Take half of the mixture and press it into the bottom of a small, lined bread pan. This will be your bottom brownie layer.
- Spread Vanilla Caramel Brio over your bottom brownie layer, then place it in the freezer until solid.
- Use the remaining half of your brownie mixture to cover the top of the ice cream, then place back in the freezer.
- Heat dark chocolate and coconut oil on stovetop or in microwave, stirring regularly until smooth and runny. Let cool for 1 minute before using.
- Once frozen, remove bread pan from freezer and take out the frozen ice cream sandwich.
- Cut frozen ice cream sandwich in half and dip both sandwiches in the chocolate coating.
- Place chocolate-covered sandwiches back in the freezer until the chocolate hardens.