07 Mar Squash À La Brio
Who says squash is just for dinner? With a little creativity, you can dress it up for dessert. Serve it warm, with a scoop of your favorite Brio Ice Cream for a festive, good-for-you treat.
Two apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1/2″ chunks
1/4 cup raisins or chopped dried apricots
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
4 scoops of Brio (We like Vanilla Caramel for this one)
- Wash acorn squash, remove stem and cut into halves. Remove seeds.
- Place acorn squash, cut side up, in 2″ deep baking dish.
- Mix apples and raisins.
- Toss with cinnamon and honey/maple syrup and spoon into the cavity of the cut squash.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with water. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until squash is soft.
- Remove warm squash from oven just before serving and place on serving platters.
- At the table, spoon Brio Vanilla Caramel ice cream on to the apple/raisin mixture in the squash. Serve immediately.